Looked after by....

Looked after by....

Monday 8 July 2013

With a little help from my friends...

After TMW and my DNF last week I was pretty unhappy to say the least. I was representing (bar the following weekend at the Women's Running TenK in Bristol and was really looking forward to seeing the team again, I just hoped that my Butt pain would hold out for 6 miles. I met Alan, Liz and Kim after a very long drive on a Friday eve down to Bristol and spent a lovely evening catching up with them. Then a quick pop into town to catch up with some friends from Salomon who were having a Demo Day in Bristol. (When I say "quick pop" a 1.30 am bedtime probably was not the best race preparation!) The sun was shining and the team were out in force for the Ten K - I was delighted to see that the Wonderful Liz Tucker was also ready for her first ever 10K. The course was a lovely two lap undulating route with some nice hills thrown in. Great support on the way round from 9 bar and from spectators too. My butt started to hurt after lap one so I slowed down a little and was happy to finish in 5th place in a time of 44.07. It was wonderful to cheer on the team and massive respect to Kim Bent for running the whole event with Evie in the Pushchair! Of course HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Liz too on her first ever 10K! The first of many!