Looked after by....

Looked after by....

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Teaming up with Olympic Ed!

This weekend was a fantastic fun time! Through the wonderful people at 9bar myself and Shaun O' Keefe had been asked to team up with Olympic Gold medal cyclist Ed Clancy as part of a demonstration team at the Buttermere Triathlon.

Shaun was to swim
Ed was to cycle    
I was to run.

The crowds were buzzing to see Ed and he was great at having photos taken and chatting away to people. Lovely Alan and Liz from 9bar were there doing a fantastic job as always of encouraging people and handing out lots of yummy bars.

Shaun did a great job on the swim and handed the lanyard over to Ed who showboated the ride thrilling people with Bunny hops and wheelies. He also overtook about 83 people and brought the Lanyard home in second place for me to take on the run. The run round Crummock Water is one of my favourites and I really enjoyed the course. I managed to have a good run and only lost one place to a man and brought the team home in 3rd place overall.

We had an awesome day out! All my days with my 9bar family are.

http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/

http://www.highterrainevents.co.uk/18.html
Wonderful Team mates!