Looked after by....

Looked after by....

Sunday 12 January 2014

Fell Therapy

Today I popped up to the Lakes to have a recce run around the Whinlatter Extreme Duathlon route with Ian and Emily from High Terrain Events.

It was a cold day but beautifully sunny too and a group of all females -( Except Ian!) arrived to check out the route. High Terrain Event's routes are never easy and this Extreme version on the Whinlatter Duathlon I think will catch a few people out. It is pretty Hardcore!



 
The run up Grizedale pike was a toughie.




 Luckily Murphy was on hand to shout encouragement to us. No hanging about at the summit though, it was too cold and windy. The descent was good fun and although boggy in places it was pretty runnable and it put a smile on my face.


The first run was just short of 6 miles and then a quick break at Whinlatter car park and off for the second run of the day.
This one was quite familiar to me as I had done the "Normal" Whinlatter duathlon before and quite enjoyed the long steady climb up the forest tracks before turning onto the single tracks. e climbed up a big hill, then down a big hill and then did another one!
(My technical knowledge of the Lakes at times astounds me!)





It was a super day out and I would encourage anyone wanting to come along on some runs like this to look at High Terrain Events website for details of their Trailrunning Weekends coming up in April

www.highterrainevents.co.uk