Looked after by....

Looked after by....

Sunday 2 March 2014

Nutrition Talk


The wonderful Liz Tucker our 9Bar nutrition expert had invited team members to join her at a nutrition talk she was presenting at the Royal Chester Rowing Club on the 27th February.

I was really interested to see what Liz had to say so decided to head down to Chester where we had a good catch up in the afternoon and then onto the boat club for the evening. Alongside members from Chester Rowing Club and Chester Tri club were Myself, Charlie Sharpe and Peter Brook, my fellow team mates.

Despite the sub arctic conditions in the boat club Liz managed to keep us all in jolly spirits and I learnt a lot from the talk. 

I was pleased to learn that my suspicion about lettuce being useless was confirmed and despite not really drinking coffee anyway, I was surprised to learn just how "poisonous" it actually is.

I do need to eat more vegetables and I do need to eat more coloured foods! I know this and I promise 9bar mum I will try. 

The healthy 9bars went down a treat and it was great to see the new 9bar Active leaflets and see myself in them!