Looked after by....

Looked after by....

Sunday 23 March 2014

Training for Two.

Running is going great! I am running better than I have since July last year and my mileage is nicely creeping back up to around 40-50 miles a week. All this is a quite a strange time as I am also 15 weeks pregnant with baby number one.

This is all very exciting and I could not be happier.
The question everyone asks is "Will you carry on running?"
I would like to and at the moment there is no reason not to but I have of course altered my running from training focussed goals to base fitness, mileage and trying to stay fit and healthy. I was a bit disappointed last week to learn that I had been offered a championship place for the Lakeland 50 this year, which is the British athletics Ultra Trail Championships for 2014 - I will however be 8 months pregnant by them so I am not convinced I would get a good time!

At the moment I have no "bump", I am about 2lbs heavier and don't really feel any different running. I am walking more hills and not pushing hard but enjoying just being able to run pain free and enjoying running for pleasure.

I will keep up my Core Routine - boring as it may be - It is good for me! Also Core Stability class at Athlete Matters on a Wednesday eve is one to ensure I attend for as long as  I can, It is great fun, as well as being incredibly beneficial for athletes. I will also continue to see my Physio at Athlete Matters (Sorry Duncan - I will still be hassling you!) every few weeks just for maintenance. I went this week and nothing hurt and I felt great - Within minutes Duncan had found bits on me that were tight and worked on them for me. OUCH! but yeah yeah I know - I could feel the benefit the following day.

My Wonderful 9 Bar family have been great with my news and are very excited to have a 9bar baby! - I have heard a rumour that there are odds of 10-1 for a 9lb baby! YIKES!
I have lots of 9 bar events to attend in the next few months - I won't be defending my title at the Scafell Pike Trail Marathon this year - But I will no doubt be there handing out those yummy bars and cheering on my team! Baby seems to like Fruity 9 Bars the best!

Coming up soon is the Born Survivor weekend and the Whinlatter Extreme Duathlon - Don't think they will let me do Born survivor but I will have a run around the course and hand out lots of bars too!