Looked after by....

Looked after by....

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Trends For Kids

Early on this year I dragged Phil to the Baby and Toddler show simply to look at one item that to me would probably be the most important purchase for our impending arrival......not a pram, not a crib but of course

A jogging buggy!


Having looked online at a few of the options available I had an understanding of the different features and brands about. I had read quite a lot of reviews and knew that I needed a buggy with the following features.....

Ability to cope with hilly, uneven and muddy terrain - where I run is very muddy and also very hilly, there are no flat routes!

Large ground clearance so bigger wheels would be required. Small wheels would not cope with going over much of the terrain I plan to run on with the buggy.

Good suspension - baby will appreciate this!

Good braking system -steep hills will require this.

A rain-cover - living in Lancashire, it will be required.

The ability to cope with a lot of use! I love running, I train lots, I have big aims for next year and I want a buggy I can use on runs of over two hours (if Jnr allows this!)
At the show I was fortunate enough to meet Andrew from Clever Clogs http://www.cleverclogstrading.co.uk/ who had what looked like an amazing running pram on his stand.
 
I was introduced to the Trends For Kids Joggster iii running buggy.
 

The athlete wit TÜV for sporty use.

Though this joggster is equipped with 16 inch wheels, it is still a comfortable all-rounder. Small, easy to fold and featuring an ergo- nomic seat - these are just some of the advantages of the Joggster III-family. 

Technical details:

  • Large foldable sun hood with viewing window and side pockets
  • Low-profile tires with aluminium rims and hubs / high quality ball bearings
  • Ergonomic backrest with 4-positions recline and seat with 5-point harness
  • Sturdy aluminium frame can be folded in 5 seconds
  • Adjustable footrest with 3 height positions and a horizontal position
  • Quick-release system - removable wheels
  • Height-adjustable handle bar 
  • Mosquito net integrated into sun hood
  • Washable seat cover (can be easily removed)
  • "AIRGO" breathable seat insert
  • "M-Brake" disc brake (on both sides) 
  • Rear axle suspension 
  • large under-seat storage basket 
Folding size with wheels approx. 108 x 60 x 43 cm
Folding size with wheels approx. 82 x 54 x 20 cm
Weight without accessories 30,6 lbs. 

This buggy looked AMAZING! I knew that I wanted one and that this was the one that would work for me.

So I have 3 weeks left until my due date on the 13th September and I have my amazing Joggster here ready to use......although I won't be jogging with baby in it until baby is around 5 months old......I am thinking I may have to borrow a child to go and test it out.
 
I must say a massive Thank You to Andrew and Trish at Clever Clogs and Trends For Kids for sending me this amazing piece of kit. I am really looking forward to hitting the trails with it and taking some photos of my adventures. So thank you, thank you, thank you fabulous people and I will be in touch with some reviews soon.